Monday, March 23, 2015

What's Your Sentence?

I just read about this a few weeks ago and I thought it was very interesting.

Check this out: What's Your Sentence?

I've been thinking a lot lately about my purpose and future. This idea of what I would want people to remember about me sparked some deep thought in me about what I hope to accomplish with my life. Lately I've been struck by how engrained it is for me to think in goal, task, check-list oriented ways. I've realized how much more important it is to think relationally because people matter so much more than that. I'm not saying goals are bad. I'm just saying that I believe that it's important to think relationally when we set them. All of that to say, these thoughts have greatly influenced my sentence.

Here it is:
She showed grace to others because God has shown grace to her and she learned to love others as God had loved her; her life reflected the gospel to those who knew her.

What I love about this sentence is that it's huge and it's small simultaneously.

It's HUGE because it can have a huge impact. It can impact my husband, my children, my grandchildren, or even random people who I meet. It can have a reach into a home, a small town, or all the way to the ends of the earth.

It's SMALL because it's attainable. I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to be rich. I don't have to receive accolades. I don't have to live up to a certain set of standards. I don't have to be what the world expects me to be. I don't have to have a certain job. I don't have to live in a certain place. I simply have to yield to what God wants to do in my life.

So, what's your sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment